Messi Vs Ronaldo
Before you set the cones out as gates have them practice the motion of the different styles of dribbling and getting used to having the ball at theyre feet. Allow them to free roam around the grid waiting for your commands.Shout Ronaldo or Messi. This practice is designed to help the players reach a certain level of comfortability when moving with the ball.
- Ronaldo- When coach shouts Ronaldo the players will look to explode with pace and open themselves up taking a larger stride with the ball in control with LARGER touches
- Messi- When coach shouts Messi the players will look to have the ball as close to them as possible with a low center of gravity and ready to explode into space with SMALLER touches
Have cones set out into gates around the grid.This time the players must attack a gate and get used to the timing of bursting through the gate and instantly looking to attack another.Players Messi dribble to the gate and then burst through with a Ronaldo dribble.Take one cone away from each gate leaving single cones dotted around the grid.This time the players must attack the single cone and instead of going through a gate they must decide for themselves whether to explode to the left or right using the same Messi dribble on approach and then Ronaldo dribble away.Notice how all progressions are getting more game related and set them challenges
- How many cones can they explode away from in 2 minutes
- Can they beat theyre score?
Now remove the cones completely.The players must now attack each other at first always exploding away from each other to the right and then switching up and exploding to the left so nobody bumps into each other.This is essential so the players can get used to the timing of the explosion away from a defender and a moving target as it would be in a game .Ask the players to shout each others names beforehand so the communication helps with any confusion as to who is attacking who
- Use Laces
- Head up
- Focus and Concentration
- Explode with pace
- Ball as close to your feet as your head is to your neck, explain that treat you’re feet like they are your neck and the ball you’re head.
via Messi Vs Ronaldo.